City of Bangor Announces ARPA Grant Application Process through Heart of Maine United Way’s Grant Management Service
Click on the topics below to learn more about:
- Volunteering as a Reviewer
- Grant Application
- Drop-In Technical Support Sessions
- Helpful Resources/Links
Volunteering as a Reviewer
We are seeking volunteers committed to supporting the City of Bangor to serve as grant review volunteers! Volunteers participate in an orientation, read/review grant requests, and provide an initial evaluation for the City Council to review. We are seeking a wide variety of community members and no grant experience is required. Click the link below to apply.
- Attend a 1-hour training session
- Training to be held via zoom on May 2 at 11:00AM or watch recording
- Independently review approximately 6-10 grant applications
- May 1 – May 14 at your own pace
- Review to take an estimated 6-10 hours
- Meet in-person for a 2-hour funding review panel
- Panel will be scheduled between May 30 – June 9
- Interest in the best outcomes for City of Bangor and willingness to impartially provide respectful feedback and project analysis
- Agree to communicate promptly with HoMEUW and fulfill commitment of volunteer role
- Attend training and adhere to HoMEUW policies, including declaring conflicts of interest
- Actively participate in all application review activities
- Read and evaluate applications prior to funding review panel
- Ask questions, enjoy the experience, and make a measurable impact on our community
APPLY TO VOLUNTEER
Apply for a Grant
The City of Bangor has identified priority areas that proposed projects should address. Those areas, in alphabetical order, are:
- Job Training/Workforce Development
- Mental Health
- Substance Use Disorder
Update: the application has been updated to include an “other” option. This doesn’t guarantee that the Council will prioritize or fund a particular project under this category, but does better reflect the scope of potential projects that are eligible within the application.
Eligible and interested organizations may apply for ARPA funding through the City of Bangor using an online application. The application portal will open at 8:00 AM on Monday, April 3, 2023. Applications must be completed and submitted online by 4:30 PM on April 26, 2023. Use the link below to apply.
GRANT APPLICATION LINK
The application and initial review timeline is below:
Attend a Technical Help Session
Heart of Maine United Way staff will be available to support applicants with questions related to the grant application system during drop-in technical support sessions via Zoom every Wednesday from 1:00-2:00 PM from April 5 through April 26. These sessions will not address specific questions related to ARPA funding and eligibility. Though attending these sessions to have questions addressed is strongly encouraged, applicants may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org as needed.
ALL SESSION COMPLETED. THANK YOU!
Helpful Resources & Links
- City of Bangor ARPA page
- Application PDF – reference only, online submissions required
- Project Budget Template
- Volunteer Evaluation Framework
- Apply for Funding
- Apply to Volunteer
- Federal ARPA Information
IMPORTANT NOTE: Heart of Maine United Way is contracting with the City of Bangor to facilitate the grant application and initial review process. Final funding decisions, timing, and application priorities are determined by the Bangor City Council and are subject to adjustment at any time throughout the process. There is no guarantee of funding for any applicant or organization.