Will my money go outside of this community?

99% of money raised in the Heart of Maine stays in the Heart Maine unless you – the donor – request that it be sent to another United Way or nonprofit in another community. The remaining 1% of our campaign revenue is paid to United Way Worldwide (UWW) in the form of dues which provides us with a wealth of knowledge, training and assistance for operating our local United Way.