- Complete the ethics, confidentiality & conflict of interest form
- Join our training session (Spring 2023)
- Training materials, including recording and slides will be posted here
Grant Reviewer Resources
- Application Review & Scoring Website (SmarterSelect)
- Strategic Investment Grants – Funding Philosophy and Guiding Principles
- Opportunity 2028 Measurement Framework
- Strategic Investment Grants – Application Scoring
For more information or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-2800.
VOLUNTEER AS A STRATEGIC INVESTMENT GRANT REVIEWER
Heart of Maine United Way (HoMEUW) accepts grant applications of local nonprofit programs as part of our Community Investment strategy. This process is led by the volunteers on our Community Impact Committee and Board of Directors. But they can’t do it alone – we need your help!
We are seeking 20 volunteers committed to HoMEUW’s Opportunity 2028 bold goals in Somerset County to serve as grant review volunteers! This is one of the most critical volunteer roles at HoMEUW.
Volunteers participate in an orientation, read/review grant requests, and conduct program interviews. Volunteers will provide guidance to HoMEUW regarding each program’s strengths, challenges, and measurable outcomes.
- Attend training session
- Independently review 4-8 grant applications
- Meet with funding review panel (2-hour block)
- Approximately 15 hours of time will be needed for this volunteer commitment.
- Commitment to HoMEUW values and mission
- Agree to communicate promptly with HoMEUW and fulfill commitment of volunteer role
- Attend training and adhere to HoMEUW Community Investment strategy/policies
- Actively participate in all application review activities
- Read and evaluate applications prior to interview/funding review panel
- Ask questions, have fun, and make a real impact on our community