Strategic Investment Grants are Heart of Maine United Way’s primary vehicle for funding programs that meet our community goals. HoMEUW funds programs that demonstrate positive changes in the lives of 1 in 4 individuals in Eastern Maine.
Application Open for Somerset County
- Learn more: www.homeunitedway.org/somersetgrants/
APPLICATION CLOSED for Hancock, Washington, Waldo, Penobscot, & Piscataquis Counties
Funding decisions will be announced in June 2022
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR FUNDING
- Every three years, HoMEUW distributes allocations from the Community Fund to health and human service programs throughout our six-county service area; Hancock, Penobscot, Piscataquis, Somerset, Waldo, and Washington Counties.
- Note: Somerset County grant process will be handled separately.
- Community volunteers review, score, and determine who will be funded. Volunteer to be a reviewer!
- Programs will choose from a list of shared community indicators as their performance measures that will feed up to HoMEUW’s headline indicators, instead of creating individual program logic models as in past cycles.
- Grant awards are multi-year commitments! Successful applications will receive three years of program funding, contingent upon availability of funds and program performance.
- Impact Grant awards of $10,001-$50,000 annually.
- FAST TRACK Grant awards of $2,500-$10,000 annually (see details below).
- Organizations may submit an application for 1-4 programs. No more than 4 programs may be submitted for review by an organization.
- Total agency application requests/awards cannot exceed $80,000. No more than $80,000 in funding requests may be submitted by an organization.
- It is the responsibility of each organization to determine the program(s) for which they submit an application and the amount of the funding request, while adhering to the above limitations.
- The maximum grant per program, per year is $50,000.
- Grants cannot exceed 35% of the program budget.
- HoMEUW is pleased to introduce the FAST TRACK grant program as part of our Strategic Investment Grants
- FAST TRACK grant applications/awards for proposals between $2,500-$10,000 annually.
- FAST TRACK awards will be funded for three-years
- The FAST TRACK program is designed to reduce barriers for applicants throughout the life of the grant. The application will include fewer questions, and reporting requirements for successful applicants will be streamlined.
- HoMEUW hopes the FAST TRACK encourage participation from smaller, newer, more geographically remote, innovative, and other eligible organizations who may not typically/historically apply for United Way funding. HoMEUW also hopes the FAST TRACK grants will promote additional resources and program targeting marginalized populations across Eastern Maine.
Applicants must demonstrate alignment with and report data every 6 months on one United Way Bold Goal:
Bold Goal #1: Meet basic needs and promote self-sufficiency for all
Bold Goal #2: Prevent, treat and support recovery from Substance Use Disorder
Bold Goal #3: All children have quality early learning experiences
Bold goal information, including headline indicators, objectives, and statistics can be found by visiting opportunity2028.com/boldgoals
KEY APPLICATION DATES & TRAININGS 2021-2022
All agencies should attend ONE info session and are encouraged to attend ONE training session. Registration is required for both. Drop-in support sessions will be available throughout the application period; registration is not required. All sessions have already occurred.
- November & December – Info Sessions/Q&A/Application Training
- December 6 – Applications open at 10:00 AM
- December & January – Support Sessions/Application Q&A
- January 25 – Applications due at 4:00 PM
- June – Award decisions & notifications
- Strategic Investment Grants – Funding Philosophy and Guiding Principles
- Opportunity 2028 Measurement Framework
- Strategic Investment Grants – Application Review Scoring