Join us as we kickoff our 2022 campaign in style with a Can Sculpture Contest, lunch and pep rally! What better way to have fun doing good and give our community even more hope! Whether you (and your team) want to sign up to build a can structure or you want to come, vote for your favorite sculpture and join us for lunch we’d love to have you! This event is free and all are welcome!
11:45 AM to 1 PM
Bass Park, Bangor
Schedule of Events
8 AM to 11:30 AM — For teams and organizations who’d like to build a can sculpture this is your chance! Come to Bass Park anytime after 8 AM and let’s get building! Complete list of rules below. This is for sure one of the funniest food drives you’ll ever attend! Donations will be distributed that day to local food banks in our region.
11:45 AM – 1 PM — Come! Vote for your favorite can sculpture and grab lunch (courtesy of Hannaford) and join us in the stands for a pep rally!
Below you will find the can structural rules to make your can-building experience straightforward and fun. We invite organizations and businesses large and small to create their works of art in support of our community and food insecurity across our communities. Please reach out with any questions or inquiries related to your sculpture.
- Build any kind of structure — from the simple to the ornate!
- Teams may use props, including signage and supporting materials, but structures must be comprised of at least 50% food items and/or basic needs items. A platform is suggested.
- Sculptures must fit within an 8X8 FOOT space unless otherwise requested.
- Collected items cannot be painted, taped, or otherwise altered in a way that makes them unsuitable for donation. You may cover food items with paper as long as it’s taped to itself and removed by your team after the event.
- Teams may construct sculptures starting at 8 AM on September 16.
- Track and share the following:
- # of volunteers to create
- # of items collected, e.g. 2,000 cans of tuna, 16 jars of peanut butter
- Materials used, e.g. cinder blocks, plywood, tape, etc.
- Sculpture Name
- How your creation relates to our campaign theme – Hopeful
NEED CAN SCULPTURE IDEAS?
- Register your team!
- Gather your most creative team and design your entry.
- Let your employees know what food items and quantities you will need and do a “trial run.”
- Have a blast constructing your sculpture!