Strategic Investment Grants are Heart of Maine United Way’s primary vehicle for funding programs that meet our Opportunity 2028 bold goals. Approximately $50,000 in funds are available to agencies serving residents of Somerset County.
- Join our info session at 11:00 AM on Tuesday, June 27, 2023.
- Applications open at 1:00 PM on Tuesday, June 27, 2023. Link to apply will appear below.
- Applications close at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, July 19, 2023.
- Award information will be announced in late September 2023.
- Volunteer grant reviewers are needed! Click here to apply as a volunteer grant reviewer.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR FUNDING
- HoMEUW distributes Strategic Investment Grants to health and human service programs helping residents of Somerset County.
- Grant awards are multi-year commitments! Successful applications will receive two years of program funding, contingent upon availability of funds and program performance.
- Community volunteers review, score, and determine who will be funded.
- Programs will choose from a list of shared community indicators as their performance measures that will feed up to HoMEUW’s headline indicators.
Organizations may submit an application for more than one program. However, with limited resources, we encourage organizations to determine program(s) that best align with our Opportunity 2028 Bold Goals.
- The maximum grant per program, per year is $10,000.
- It is the responsibility of each organization to determine the program(s) for which they submit an application and the amount of the funding request.
- Grants cannot exceed 35% of the program budget.
Applicants must demonstrate alignment with and report data at 6 months and 1-year under United Way’s Bold Goals:
- Bold Goal #1: Meet basic needs and promote self-sufficiency for all
- Bold Goal #2: Prevent, treat and support recovery from Substance Use Disorder
- Bold Goal #3: All children have quality early learning experiences
Bold goal information, including headline indicators, objectives, and statistics can be found by visiting opportunity2028.com/boldgoals
- Strategic Investment Grants – Funding Philosophy and Guiding Principles
- Opportunity 2028 Measurement Framework
- Strategic Investment Grant – Application Review Scoring
- Info/Training Session Video