Strategic Investment Grants are Heart of Maine United Way’s primary vehicle for funding programs that meet our community goals. Approximately $50,000 in funds are available to agencies serving resident of Somerset County
- Applications CLOSED on Wednesday, June 8, 2022.
- Award information will be announced in Mid-August 2022.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR FUNDING
- Community volunteers review, score, and determine who will be funded
- Programs will choose from a list of shared community indicators as their performance measures that will feed up to UWEM’s headline indicators, instead of creating individual program logic models as in past cycles.
Organizations may submit an application for more than one program. However, with limited resources, we encourage organizations to determine program(s) that best align with our Opportunity 2028 Bold Goals.
- Total agency application requests/awards cannot exceed $80,000. No more than $80,000 in funding requests may be submitted by an organization.
- It is the responsibility of each organization to determine the program(s) for which they submit an application and the amount of the funding request.
- Grants cannot exceed 35% of the program budget.
Applicants must demonstrate alignment with and report data at 6 months and 1-year under United Way’s Bold Goals:
Bold Goal #1: Meet basic needs and promote self-sufficiency for all
Bold Goal #2: Prevent, treat and support recovery from Substance Use Disorder
Bold Goal #3: All children have quality early learning experiences
Bold goal information, including headline indicators, objectives, and statistics can be found by visiting opportunity2028.com/boldgoals
- Strategic Investment Grants – Somerset Funding Philosophy and Guiding Principles
- Opportunity 2028 Measurement Framework
- Strategic Investment Grants – Application Review Scoring